Okay, so my snacks may not always look that pretty but it doesn’t make them any less important. Here’s just a few reasons I’m a huge fan of snacks:
- It’s important to keep your blood sugar stable. With PCOS, it’s even more important to keep your blood sugar stable, so having snacks handy is key!
- I never want “hunger” to be an excuse to not work out.
And here’s some healthy snack ideas I always have on hand:
- Red Bell Pepper Sliced (sprinkle with a little salt if you like)
- Carrot Sticks with guacamole
- Nick’s Sticks — Grass fed beef and free range turkey sticks
- Almond Butter — Just a spoonful to hold me over
- Frozen Raspberries — this is my go-to if I’m wanting something sweet. I love squeezing lemon juice on top. Extra boost of vitamin C!
- Kale Salad (if I’m not on-the-go)
- Cold Pressed Juice
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Hard boiled eggs
- FRUIT (although I only eat 1 per day…sugar!)
- Goji berry, cacao, and almond trail mix
- Homemade paleo cookies — I bring these to the office and a few dozen are usually devoured by the team in less than a day