Have you noticed yet how much I love kale? Yeah, I pretty much live off the stuff. I went through a phase where I didn’t go a day without some form of kale salad. I’d make a HUGE salad every Sunday night and chop up all kinds of veggies to throw in it. Toss it with a light vinaigrette and take a small container of it to work with me each day. I kinda overdid it on the kale salad and needed a little break. So I’ve gone back to some classic sautéed kale.
There’s all kinds of variations. This one is with shallot and paleo parm. The mild shallot adds a little sweetness while the paleo parm brings in a nice creamy element. The lemon juice is optional but I’m always a fan of marrying lemon and kale. They are just so happy together.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 t Lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely diced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 T ghee
- 1 T Paleo parm*
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
1. In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium high heat.
2. Throw in the shallots and sauté on medium high for about 2 minutes, until shallot start to soften and become slightly transparent.
3. Add the kale and cook until kale cooks down and becomes bright green in color.
4. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish or plate.
6. Sprinkle paleo parm on top.
*For the parmesan cheese, I’ve adapted this recipe by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Highly recommend! I can (and do) eat this stuff by the spoonful.
Pin and save for later: