Don’t get me wrong, I am very ready for spring, but I’m also not denying that winter fruits and vegetables, especially Brussels sprouts, are still looking and tasting pretty amazing right now. This recipe is a great way to savor the last of some of your favorite seasonal produce. I serve this as a side to breakfast, lunch or dinner or simply a snack in the middle of the day. I’ve been loving it alongside two eggs (fried in ghee or soft boiled) and avocado.
Hurry and try this before you have to wait until next winter!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lbs brussels sprouts (ours came from Rodoni farms)
- 1 red d’anjou pear, diced
- 1-2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 T avocado oil
- 4 strips high-quality bacon (no sugar added), cooked and crispy
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 t cracked red pepper
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off the ends and quarter your brussels sprouts.
- Toss the Brussels with avocado oil, ACV, sea salt and cracked red pepper.
- Throw them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden. You may want to toss half way through.
- After your brussels are finished cooking, slice up your bacon and add the bacon and pear to the brussels sprouts.
- And that’s it! Super easy and so many flavors and textures coming together. Enjoy!
Pin and save for later: