- 1 t olive oil
- 1 t ghee
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
- About 1 T lemon juice
- Diced pancetta
- 1/2 t lemon zest
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Salt to taste
Here’s what you do:
1. Remove stems from leaves.
3. Heat a large pan on medium high heat over your stove.
4. Add the sliced pancetta and cook until the pancetta is lightly crisp and golden.
5. Set the pancetta aside.
6. Melt a small amount of ghee to the pan, about 2 teaspoons.
7. Add the chopped stems and saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
8. Add in the rainbow chard leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and cook until the leaves have slightly wilted and are bright green.
9. Stir the pancetta back in, along with the lemon zest. Plate your dish and enjoy!
For a little kick, add some red pepper flakes to your desired level of heat. On days when I’m feeling really fancy, I toss in some toasted pine nuts! Can you ever go wrong with toasted pine nuts?! Or feeling fancy, for that matter.However, in my yoga pants, bun on top of head, and scratched lens/slightly crooked glasses, today was not one of those days.