Are you loving the benefits of the daily raw carrot salad but wanting a little variation? Good news! Here’s one of my favorite recipes for carrot and beet salad made with apples (for more pectin), coconut (because MCTs!), lemon juice (for vitamin C and antioxidants) and anti-inflammatory ginger.
This beet salad is full of flavor, easy to make, and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants from coconut, ginger and carrot. Plus, it’s Paleo and Whole30.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 medium cooked beets, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium apple, roughly sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1-inch fresh ginger (about the size of the tip of your thumb)
- 1 T coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Sliced avocado, optional
Here’s what you do:
- Put everything into a food processor, except the coconut flakes and avocado.
- Pulse until you reach a fine dice, or consistency of your choice.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.
- Top with sliced avocado.