I went through a pretty strong salmon phase back when I was in high school. Every time I ate out, every time I cooked for myself, salmon was all I wanted. I was slightly OCD about it. I ate so much salmon that one day, I just couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t eat another bite. It was like a switch flipped and my body was about to OD on salmon and telling me to retreat. Step away from the salmon before someone gets hurt. I probably went about four years after that without salmon. I know, it’s weird. I currently have a similar obsession with eggs and I fear and pray the day won’t come where I can’t look at another egg. Fortunately, my salmon hiatus has been over for quite some time and I now have a healthier love affair with the fish. Anyway, here’s one of my current favorite recipes. Almonds, lemon, rosemary…what’s not to like?
Here’s what you need:
- 2 4-5 oz salmon filets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 c almond meal
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil, about 1 t
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over each filet. Then lightly dust with sea salt.
3. Coat the top of each filet with almond meal. I spread the almond meal out on a plate and then lightly pressed the top of the salmon on the almond meal.
4. Place salmon on a baking sheet lightly greased with coconut oil.
5. Place the sprig of rosemary on top of each filet.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until salmon is cooked to your desired temperature.
Hahaha… I used the wrong website URL. 🙁