I’m always looking for more ways to pack a variety of herbs and spices into my diet. This recipe combines sweet and citrusy marjoram with parsley and mint for a bright, flavorful spring herb salad. But these herbs don’t just make the dish taste delicious, they are full of nutrients and antioxidants. Take a look:
- Marjoram improves digestive function, can help relieve pain, and has potent antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Parsley is a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C. It also contains myristicin, a volatile oil that shows promise to inhibit tumor formation (as seen in animal studies). Parsley also contains, luteolin, a flavonoid that helps prevent oxygen damage to your cells.
- Mint doesn’t just help freshen your breath. It has high antimicrobial properties and can also help relieve gastrointestinal upset including cramps, gas, and nausea. It also contains important minerals including calcium, zinc, magnesium, and copper.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs mint, chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 t marjoram
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1.5 T olive oil or avocado oil
Here’s what you do:
- Add your peas, carrots, and scallion to a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the mint, parsley, marjaram, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and olive oil in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Coat the pea and carrot mixture with the dressing. Add more sea salt, to taste, if you like.
- That’s it! Easy peas-y! (get it? yes, I know. I’m a little cheesy.)
I am not a doctor, and I don’t claim to be one. I can’t prevent, treat, cure or diagnose illness or disease. The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. I make a small commission from the product links above, although the price of the products stays the same for you, whether or not you purchase through my affiliate links. You can purchase these products directly from the sites if you don’t wish to use my affiliate links.