You know those times when you go into the kitchen to make a “simple salad” and a few minutes later, you feel like you’ve created a masterpiece and want to share it with the world? Just me? Okay, so yes…I get really excited about vegetables. But look how pretty this salad is! It is now a go-to summer salad and only takes a couple of minutes to throw together. It’s also a great salad to serve at dinner parties, since the bright green of the arugula and avocado make the colorful watermelon radish really pop! A great way to liven up your table.
Here’s what you need (for one serving):
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 small watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1-2 T walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 5-6 chopped green olives (I used castelvetrano)
- 3-4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2 t olive oil
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
Here’s what you do:
- I like to toss my greens with dressing before adding the goodies on top. Put the arugula in a bowl and add olive oil, vinegar and sea salt. Give it a good toss.
- Add everything else on top. You can also add another sprinkle of sea salt, just for good measure.
Pin and save for later: