Here’s what you need:
- 12 ounces canned salmon packed in water, drained
- 1.5 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- 1 T coconut oil or ghee, plus 1 t ghee
- 1/2 cup finely chopped medium shallot
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1 T paleo Worcestershire sauce (I used this tasty recipe from PaleoLeap)
- 1 T coconut aminos
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobe or 1/2-1 t chipotle powder (more if you like things spicy!)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium lemons (you can cut these into wedges)
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the ghee or coconut oil, grease the cups of a regular-sized muffin tin.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon ghee and saute the shallot and bell pepper for 3-5 minutes until they soften. Once finished, remove from the heat and add the shallot and bell pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the green onion and lemon wedges, to the shallot and bell peppers. Give it a good stir (don’t be afraid to use your hands!) until everything is combined.
- Divide the salmon and sweet potato mixture evenly into the 12 muffin tin cups and press down firmly with the backside of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes (you’ll know they’re ready when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean).
- Wait for them to cool and then top with green onion and a spritz of lemon juice.
- TAHDAH! You’ve got this!
Save and pin for later: