Love lamb? Love sweet potatoes? Love delicious dinners that time very little time and effort to throw together? Then you’ll love this lamb and sweet potato hash.
We never ate much lamb growing up, and I’m not sure why. Now, it’s a staple in my kitchen and I love it for its flavor, versatility, and nutrient-density. Lamb is an excellent source of vitamin B12, a nutrient essential to proper liver function and detox. It’s also a good source of the antioxidant mineral, selenium, niacin and zinc. Ground lamb is also so easy to use in recipes. You can use it in place of ground beef in burgers, meatballs, sauces, or meatloaves.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lbs ground lamb
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 8-12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T ghee
- 2 t ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t coriander
- dash of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Get out two large pans. You’ll need both of them.
- Add 1 T coconut oil to one of the pans and heat over medium-high heat. Once your pan is good and hot, throw in the sweet potatoes and carrots and cook until soft. Salt and pepper, as needed.
- In the other pan, heat your ghee over medium-high heat. Once your pan is good and hot, throw in the mushrooms and brown. I cook these separately so you don’t crowd the mushrooms and they have a chance to get nice and golden.
- Once the sweet potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms are finished cooking, remove all of them from the pans and set aside.
- Now, sauté your onions over medium-high heat until soft. Once they’ve softened, add the lamb and cook until lamb is cooked through.
- Finally, add all the ingredients to the one large pan with the lamb. This means adding the sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, kale, spices, salt and pepper to the lamb and onions so they’re all dancing around merrily and the flavors are all mixing together, having a grand time.
- Put that colorful gorgeousness on a plate and enjoy this Moroccan paleo dinner with love.