Did you read the recent post on foods to support detoxification?! If so, I bet you’re looking for more ways to eat beets. Good news! Here’s one of my favorite recipes for beet salad made with apples (for more pectin), coconut (because MCTs!), lemon juice (for vitamin C and antioxidants) and anti-inflammatory ginger.
This beet salad is full of flavor, easy to make, and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants from coconut, ginger and carrot. Plus, it’s Paleo and Whole30.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 medium beets, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium apple, roughly sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1-inch fresh ginger (about the size of the tip of your thumb)
- 1 T coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Sliced avocado, optional
Here’s what you do:
- Put everything into a food processor, except the coconut flakes and avocado.
- Pulse until you reach a fine dice, or consistency of your choice.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.
- Top with sliced avocado.
Tip: I like to put these in pre-portioned ramekins for an easy, grab-and-go snack.
Pin and save for later: